Donate or Pledge
It is a blessing to give and to receive.
Please keep up your generous giving. This current crisis is affecting many in our community with some First UUers already losing their jobs. Many others are working shorter hours or are on furlough. For those who can, please help us help each other.
We hope you’ve all been able to take part in our online offerings; from Sunday Worship and music, to the daily blog posts, to the online community building on Discord or Zoom. Of course, we still need to keep everything else going as well. We are in the process of getting part of our roof and hvac replaced. We continue to pay our staff, including part-timers so they won’t lose pay during this time. This is living our values right here at home.
Your donations to First UU of Columbus support our work to create love, justice, and peace in the world. Our church, with its wonderful programs and ministry, would not be possible without your generosity.
2020-2021 Ongoing Pledge Support
We receive no financial support beyond that offered by members, friends, and those who rent our building. If you’re able to support the church with an annual pledge, please let us know.
To submit new pledge or update existing pledge, click on the link below.
How to Give
You can give online with credit card (Paypal link below). You can use ACH bank transfer (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to setup), use your bank’s bill pay to send to First UU or mail a check to First UU.
You can also text to give at 614-879-1480. Its quick and easy. The first time doing this, you text ‘give’ to the number and follow the prompts to setup. After that, text an amount to the number to donate that amount. Adding the number to your phone’s contact list makes it easy. Contact email@example.com if you have difficulty, but it really is quite easy.
Credit card donations or payments
Including pledge payments, Minister’s Discretionary Fund, FILA Fund, Fair Trade and merchandise sales or general donations to the church.
Pay securely using a credit or debit card, or Paypal account. You will have to opportunity to choose what the donation is for at the Paypal site.
Click to Go To Paypal Online and Donate Now
Acorn Society – Planned Giving
The Acorn Society was founded to recognize individuals who have chosen to remember First Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbus in their estate plans. Your planned gift ensures that there will be a welcoming liberal religious presence in Columbus for generations to come. Here are six easy ways you can make a planned gift.
- Bequests: You can reduce inheritance taxes by designating First UU as a beneficiary of specific gifts of cash or a percentage of your estate.
- Gifts of stocks, bonds and mutual funds: You can make a gift of stock either by direct transfer or by mail.
- Life Insurance, Retirement Plans and IRA’s: Designating First UU as a beneficiary of a paid up or new life insurance policy, retirement plan, or IRA reduces your estate taxes and helps secure the future of the church.
- Life Income Gifts: Gifts of appreciated property can generate income for you, provide positive tax benefits, and support the church. Examples of life income gifts are charitable gift annuities, pooled income funds and charitable remainder trusts.
- Retained Life Estate: You retain occupancy of your property for life, but give your home or farm to the church to be used to supplement its future income.
- Real or Personal Property: You can give gifts of real estate, art, antiques or other personal property to the church and you may be able to deduct the full fair market value of the gift from your taxes.
Information About How to Leave a Bequest
If you have remembered First UU in your will, please let us know so we can recognize you as a member of the Acorn Society. As a member, your name will be included on the Acorn Society Commemorative Plaque. Society members also receive a special membership pin for their nametag, an invitation to the annual Acorn Society luncheon, and other opportunities to meet fellow members with a common interest in the future of the church.
For more information about making a planned gift, please contact Bob Rice at (614) 313-7158 or speak with a minister or staff. All inquires are no-obligation and will be kept strictly confidential
Kroger Rewards to Support First UU
Kroger makes a contribution to the congregation based on your purchases. You retain all your credits, points, fuel perks, etc., but in addition, Kroger will send a check once a quarter to the congregation.
1. Go to krogercommunityrewards.com
2. If you are a new online customer, click on REGISTER in upper right hand corner
3. Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering email address, creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions, clicking on favorite store, entering plus card number and last name and zip code.
You will then get a message to check your email inbox.
1. Click on the link within the body of the email.
2. In the Kroger website, Click on Sign In in upper right hand corner.
3. Click on Community tab and then select Community Rewards information towards the bottom of the page
4. Enter 80395 or First U.U. Church of Columbus as the organization
– You must swipe your registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to your account when shopping for rewards to count
Amazon Smile to Support First UU
Did you know that when you shop online at smile.amazon.com/ch/31-6402537, AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of eligible purchases to First Unitarian Universalist Church?
(To address concerns raised by some of our members, we include the following disclaimer: Please buy local products whenever possible and shop with responsible vendors… However, if you do shop at Amazon.com, please start your purchase by using this link, so First UU can receive a commission on your purchase.)