Supporting First UU
Credit card donations or payments
Including Isabel’s Ordination, special events, pledge payments, Minister’s Discretionary Fund, FILA Fund, or general donations to the church.
Pay securely using a credit or debit card, or Paypal account. You will have to opportunity to choose what the donation is intended for at the Paypal site.
Click to Go To Paypal Online and Donate Now
NEW: You can also use our Text To Give feature by texting 614-879-1480 on your phone. Its quick and easy! The first time doing this, you text ‘give’ to the number and follow the prompts to setup. After that, simply text the amount you wish to donate to the number and follow the prompts if necessary. Adding the number to your phone’s contact list makes it easy. Contact email@example.com if you have difficulty, but it really is quite easy.
Other ways to give
For ACH/ bank transfer (contact firstname.lastname@example.org), or use your bank’s bill pay to send to First UU. You can also mail or drop off a check to First UU, donate stock, or participate in your workplace giving program where available.
2021-2022 Stewardship Campaign – Pledge Support
We receive no financial support beyond that offered by members, friends, and other small revenue streams such as building rentals or fundraisers. If you’re able to support the church with an annual pledge, please let us know.
New this year is our “Double Your Impact” campaign. Thanks to several generous donors, we have a matching pool that will match EVERY pledge increase or “new” pledge up to $20,000. Please get your form in by April 18th to take advantage of this offer!
Our pledge packet was mailed to all members and friends at the beginning of April. If you didn’t receive one in the mail, please let Kelli McNeal (email@example.com) know as we may not have your address correct.
- Pledge Letter 2021-2022
- Stewardship Brochure 2021-2022
- FAQ 2021-2022 (frequently asked questions)
- Fairshare 2021-2022 (chart on Giving and Contributions)
- Pledge Form 2021-2022 (for currently pledging members)
- Pledge Form New 2021-2022 (for new pledges)
To submit new pledge or update existing pledge, fill out the form you received in the mail, download one of the forms above to print and mail, or click on the link below.
About Giving at First UU
It is a blessing to give and to receive.
Please keep up your generous giving. The pandemic has affected many in our community with some First UUers losing income or job security. Many others are in need of other support, pastoral care or community. For those who can, please help us help each other.
We hope you’ve all been able to take part in our online offerings; from Sunday Worship and music, to the at home zoom sessions and other online community building. We are making plans for a safe reopening as soon as we are able and have a team of church leaders and volunteers working hard on this. Meanwhile, of course, we still need to keep everything else going, the building maintained, continue to pay our staff, including part-timers and facilitating the operations of the schools. This is living our values right here at home.
With the vaccines and science working for us, we now have light at the end of this tunnel and we are excited and planning on ‘Coming Back Strong‘.
Your donations to First UU of Columbus support our work to create love, justice, and peace in the world. Our church, with its wonderful programs and ministry, would not be possible without your generosity.
Acorn Society – Planned Giving
The Acorn Society was founded to recognize individuals who have chosen to remember First Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbus in their estate plans. Your planned gift ensures that there will be a welcoming liberal religious presence in Columbus for generations to come. Here are six easy ways you can make a planned gift.
- Bequests: You can reduce inheritance taxes by designating First UU as a beneficiary of specific gifts of cash or a percentage of your estate.
- Gifts of stocks, bonds and mutual funds: You can make a gift of stock either by direct transfer or by mail.
- Life Insurance, Retirement Plans and IRA’s: Designating First UU as a beneficiary of a paid up or new life insurance policy, retirement plan, or IRA reduces your estate taxes and helps secure the future of the church.
- Life Income Gifts: Gifts of appreciated property can generate income for you, provide positive tax benefits, and support the church. Examples of life income gifts are charitable gift annuities, pooled income funds and charitable remainder trusts.
- Retained Life Estate: You retain occupancy of your property for life, but give your home or farm to the church to be used to supplement its future income.
- Real or Personal Property: You can give gifts of real estate, art, antiques or other personal property to the church and you may be able to deduct the full fair market value of the gift from your taxes.
Information About How to Leave a Bequest
If you have remembered First UU in your will, please let us know so we can recognize you as a member of the Acorn Society. As a member, your name will be included on the Acorn Society Commemorative Plaque. Society members also receive a special membership pin for their nametag, an invitation to the annual Acorn Society luncheon, and other opportunities to meet fellow members with a common interest in the future of the church.
For more information about making a planned gift, please contact Bob Rice at (614) 313-7158 or speak with a minister or staff. All inquires are no-obligation and will be kept strictly confidential
Kroger Rewards to Support First UU
Kroger makes a contribution to the congregation based on your purchases. You retain all your credits, points, fuel perks, etc., but in addition, Kroger will send a check once a quarter to the congregation.
1. Go to krogercommunityrewards.com
2. If you are a new online customer, click on REGISTER in upper right hand corner
3. Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering email address, creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions, clicking on favorite store, entering plus card number and last name and zip code.
You will then get a message to check your email inbox.
1. Click on the link within the body of the email.
2. In the Kroger website, Click on Sign In in upper right hand corner.
3. Click on Community tab and then select Community Rewards information towards the bottom of the page
4. Enter 80395 or First U.U. Church of Columbus as the organization
– You must swipe your registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to your account when shopping for rewards to count
Amazon Smile to Support First UU
Did you know that when you shop online at smile.amazon.com/ch/31-6402537, AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of eligible purchases to First Unitarian Universalist Church?
(To address concerns raised by some of our members, we include the following disclaimer: Please buy local products whenever possible and shop with responsible vendors… However, if you do shop at Amazon.com, please start your purchase by using this link, so First UU can receive a commission on your purchase.)