Donate or Pledge
Your donations to First UU of Columbus support our work to create love, justice, and peace in the world.
Our church, with its wonderful programs and ministry, would not be possible without your generosity.
(Browser will open new window)
Make a Donation Online
You can also donate 1) through offering basket on Sundays, or 2) by mailing a check (payable to First UU Columbus 3) by ongoing electronic payments from bank account. Send a) voided check or b) account and routing number to First UU attention “bookkeeper”
2019-2020 Annual Giving Campaign is underway
We receive no financial support beyond that offered by members, friends, and those who rent our building.
Acorn Society – Planned Giving
The Acorn Society was founded to recognize individuals who have chosen to remember First Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbus in their estate plans. Your planned gift ensures that there will be a welcoming liberal religious presence in Columbus for generations to come. Here are six easy ways you can make a planned gift.
- Bequests: You can reduce inheritance taxes by designating First UU as a beneficiary of specific gifts of cash or a percentage of your estate.
- Gifts of stocks, bonds and mutual funds: You can make a gift of stock either by direct transfer or by mail.
- Life Insurance, Retirement Plans and IRA’s: Designating First UU as a beneficiary of a paid up or new life insurance policy, retirement plan, or IRA reduces your estate taxes and helps secure the future of the church.
- Life Income Gifts: Gifts of appreciated property can generate income for you, provide positive tax benefits, and support the church. Examples of life income gifts are charitable gift annuities, pooled income funds and charitable remainder trusts.
- Retained Life Estate: You retain occupancy of your property for life, but give your home or farm to the church to be used to supplement its future income.
- Real or Personal Property: You can give gifts of real estate, art, antiques or other personal property to the church and you may be able to deduct the full fair market value of the gift from your taxes.
Information About How to Leave a Bequest
If you have remembered First UU in your will, please let us know so we can recognize you as a member of the Acorn Society. As a member, your name will be included on the Acorn Society Commemorative Plaque. Society members also receive a special membership pin for their nametag, an invitation to the annual Acorn Society luncheon, and other opportunities to meet fellow members with a common interest in the future of the church.
For more information about making a planned gift by mail, please contact Bob Rice at 614/313-7158 or Melanie Boyd at 937/522-1615. All inquires are no-obligation and will be kept strictly confidential
Kroger Rewards to Support First UU
Kroger makes a contribution to the congregation based on your purchases. You retain all your credits, points, fuel perks, etc., but in addition, Kroger will send a check once a quarter to the congregation.
1. Go to krogercommunityrewards.com
2. If you are a new online customer, click on REGISTER in upper right hand corner
3. Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering email address, creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions, clicking on favorite store, entering plus card number and last name and zip code.
You will then get a message to check your email inbox.
1. Click on the link within the body of the email.
2. In the Kroger website, Click on Sign In in upper right hand corner.
3. Click on Community tab and then select Community Rewards information towards the bottom of the page
4. Enter 80395 or First U.U. Church of Columbus as the organization
– You must swipe your registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to your account when shopping for rewards to count
Fund for Immigration Legal Assistance (FILA)
First UU affirms and promotes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. As an outreach to and with the larger community, we have established a Fund for Immigration Legal Assistance (FILA) to provide direct assistance to immigrants in Central Ohio in need of help.
Beneficiaries of the fund are residents of Central Ohio, with preference given to parent(s) of underage children, and young persons who fit within the DACA age guidelines.
The fund welcomes donations from the larger community. Fund raising for FILA will occur both within First UU, as well as in the central Ohio community. Your donations are most appreciated.
To Donate for FILA:
Send your check, made payable to First Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbus, as follows:
93 W. Weisheimer Road
Columbus, OH 43214
You may also donate online, please select “FILA” in the appropriate place.
To Apply for FILA:
You may also email us at: FILA@firstuucolumbus.org