Covenant of Respectful Relations
We build our church community on a foundation of love with the goal of promoting justice and peace. Toward this end, I covenant to do the following:
- Accept responsibility for my own actions.
- Be receptive to connecting with others by listening with care and compassion.
- Speak my truth honestly and directly with care and compassion.
- Honor the confidentiality and private disclosures of others.
- Welcome new members and guests within this religious community.
- Embrace our diversity as a source of communal strength and accept and care for othersdespite our differences.
- Cherish the wellbeing of the congregation above my personal preferences.
- Remain engaged in the process with compassion and respect when conflict occurs,knowing that truth and sound decisions emerge from an open exchange of ideas.
- Use the Healthy Relations Policy (10/2020: Currently under revision. Contact a minister or pastoral team.) when I believe the Covenant has been broken.