Soft Ginger Cookies
Spice-laden molasses cookies
- 1 cup Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Dark Molasses If use blackstrap, ⅛-¼ cup blackstrap, remainder regular dark molasses
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Evaporated Milk
- Lemon Zest (to taste)
- 3 cups Sifted All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Cloves
- Minced Crystallized Ginger (to taste)
- Heat oven to 375°
- In a large bowl, creme butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Add egg and molasses; blend well.
- Stir lemon juice into evaporated milk. (Will curdle)
- Blend into butter-sugar mixture.
- Add zest and ginger(s).
- In separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Add dry mixture to butter-sugar mixture, one cup at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, two inches apart, on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.