Rich buttery dense cake from Shropshire, England. (Pronounced SHROHZ-bree).
- 13 inch x 9 inch cake pan
- 5 Eggs (Room temperature)
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Butter, soft but not melted (2 sticks)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- Extra sugar, cinnamon and mace for topping
- Heat oven to 350°
- Beat eggs and vanilla until creamy. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, and mix until blended.
- Add eggs, baking powder, and flour; mix thoroughly.
- Spread evenly in a 13 inch x 9 inch cake pan. Sprinkle top evenly with sugar, cinnamon, and a touch of mace.
- Cool thoroughly and serve from pan.