Saltine Toffee Bark
These salty-sweet treasures make delightful gifts, and their flavor is simply irresistible. The bark is like brittle, but better. Get ready for a new family favorite!
Servings 2 pounds
- 15x10x1 inch baking pan
- Heavy Saucepan
- heavy duty foil
- 40 Saltines
- 1 cup Butter (cubed)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz Milk Chocolate English Toffee Bits (1 package)
- Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in sugar.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.