Fantastic Butter Toffee
This easy toffee recipe is a family favorite!
Servings 32 pieces
- 2 cups Unblanched Whole Almonds
- 11 oz Milk Chocolate (Chopped)
- 1 cup Butter (Cubed)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cold Water
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a shallow baking pan, toast almonds until golden brown, 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Pulse chocolate in a food processor until finely ground (do not overprocess); transfer to a bowl.
- Pulse almonds in food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Sprinkle 1 cup almonds over bottom of a greased 15x10x1 in pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup chocolate.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and water.
- Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage), stirring occasionally.
- Immediately pour mixture over almonds and chocolate in pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate and almonds.
- Refrigerate until set; break into pieces.