Candy Cane Reindeer
Rudolph and his friends never looked sweeter than they do with pretzel antlers, chocolate eyes, and candy noses made with Red Hots.
Servings 1 dozen
- 8 oz White Candy Coating (Coarsely Chopped)
- 12 Candy Canes (6 inches)
- 12 Miniature Pretzels
- 12 Red Hots or Milk Chocolate M&Ms
- 12 Double Candy Eyes or 24 Single Candy Eyes, Black Sugar Pearls, or Miniature Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Keep warm.
- Holding the curved end of a candy cane, use a spoon to drizzle coating over the straight part of candy; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper to dry.
- Repeat with remaining candy canes.
- Break pretzels in half to resemble antlers; set aside 24 pieces.
- Attach Red Hots candy noses to the curved portion of each candy cane with melted candy coating, holding for about 10 seconds to help adhere.
- Use candy coating to attach candy eyes just above noses and pretzel antlers above eyes, holding each piece as needed to help adhere.
- Place in mugs or drinking glasses; let dry for about 1 hour.