Angel Food Christmas Candy
Tasty Christmas Candy!
Servings 12 servings
- Heavy Saucepan
- Candy Thermometer
- 13x9 inch pan
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 lb Milk Chocolate Candy Coating (melted)
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and vinegar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Cook without stirring until the temperature reaches 300° (hard-crack stage) on a candy thermometer. Do not overcook.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in baking soda.
- Pour into a buttered 13x9 in pan. Do not spread candy; mixture will not fill pan.
- When mixture is cool, break into bite sized pieces. Dip into melted chocolate; place on waxed paper until the chocolate is firm.
- Store candy in an airtight container.