Yum! Another recipe just in time for the Memorial Day weekend. Karen Keenan takes us into her kitchen as she makes a family favorite dessert. It is an easy recipe that is oh so good.
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 apples, peeled and chopped into chunks (Fuji and Gala are good to use)
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with PAM.
- Melt the butter in a large mixing bowl in the microwave.
- Stir in, by hand, the sugar.
- Stir in, by hand, the beaten egg.
- Stir together with a fork the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon to mix the dry ingredients together.
- Stir in, by hand, the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Batter will be thick.
- Fold the apples into the batter with a spatula. Mixture will be thick.
- Pour the apple mixture into the baking dish and pat down with the spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.