Once they have a taste, they'll ask for the recipe!
Servings 2 pounds
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil; grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil slowly for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat; stir in milk.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape saucepan). Cool.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan.
- Discard foil; cut candy into 1 inch squares.
- Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends.