Cranberry Christmas Cake
This is a delicious cake that we have served at the First UU Senior Gathering luncheon in the past
Servings 15 pieces
- 9x13 pan
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- ¾ cup Butter, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°
- With a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should almost double in size. The eggs work as your leavening agent in this recipe, so do not skip this step! The mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl.
- Add the butter and vanilla; mix two more minutes.
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout. (Do not use the beater for this step.)
- Spread in a buttered 9x13 pan
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.