Everyone raves about these chocolate and caramel candies!
Servings 2 pounds
- Waxed Paper
- Heavy Saucepan
- 14 oz Caramels (1 package)
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 ½ cups Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 3 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ tsp Shortening
- Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the caramels and water; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in pecans and cereal until coated.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip candy into chocolate, coating all sides; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on prepared pans.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Store in an airtight container.