First UU Reopening Info
Welcoming us back together
This pages serves to present current information to church members and the First UU community regarding our reopening plans and procedures. As we are all aware, the situation is often changing as the pandemic recedes and vaccinations become prevalent. Check back here for documents and updates. We will also communicate through email and other church communications any information we need to get to you.
We look forward to seeing you soon…
First UU Ministers, Staff, and Reopening Task Force
Documents: [pdf format]
- Mission/Vision and Pandemic Behavior Covenant
- Welcome Back Together – June Reopening Guidelines
- COVID Attendance Form (contact tracing)
Our Mission and Vision
The vision of First Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbus is to transform and heal ourselves and our world through reason and love.
With love at the center, the mission of this church is to fulfill its vision by…
Creating community through caring, nurturing, and celebrating
Working for justice through learning, reflecting, and doing
Engaging diversity through welcoming, listening, and empowering
Pandemic Behavior Covenant
First Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbus is continuously striving to be an inclusive community by affirming and embracing our differences. There are cases, however, where cherishing the safety and health of the congregation must be given priority over the privileges of an individual. The COVID-19 pandemic is most certainly one of those cases. The central theme of this covenant revolves around respect for ourselves, for others, and for the spaces we occupy together.
In an effort to best ensure that our community remains a safe and healthy one, as the church reopens, I covenant to do the following:
- Attempt to understand the shifts in standards, expectations, and norms necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Accept that these shifts are based on science and reliable public health information and are used to drive all decisions;
- Acknowledge that as knowledge is ever-evolving, these standards, expectations, and norms will also evolve;
- Recognize that as a part of the interdependent web taking risks and protective actions affect each and every person with whom I share time and space while at our church;
- Assume the best intentions of other members of the First UU community, remembering we are all humans collectively experiencing unprecedented times.
I therefore covenant to honor my fellow congregants and staff and treat them with respect. If conflict arises that cannot be resolved privately I promise to seek resolution by mediation with use of First UU’s Healthy Relations Policy by notifying a minister.
page last updated 5/17