Planned Giving- A Gift for the Future
Making a lasting commitment to our shared future
The most common donations to the church are gifts, such as a cash or check which we receive right away. But sometimes, people want to keep their money and other assests for now, to be sure they can meet their families future financial needs. There are still excellent ways for them to make a gift via "planned" giving.
Planned Giving Examples:
• Making a charitable bequest in your will
• Life insurance (naming First UU as beneficiary)
• Outright gift of stock or other securities
• Retirement plan assets (naming first UU as a beneficiary of an IRA 401 (s) or other retirement plan)
• Charitable reminder trust
• Life-estate agreement (transfer the title of a residence to First UU while retaining the use of the real estate for life)
The Planned Giving Chart chart summarizes the benefits of the main types of charitable gifts. Just think of what you want to accomplish with your gift and there is probably a way to do it.
We're happy to answer your questions about planned giving. Together with your attorney or financial advisors, we'll help you find ways to support our mission while ensuring your family's financial security. Please call us for more information.