Sept 16 First Day of Sunday School
All Adults Are Needed To Make Sunday School Work...
We are not a congregation of fragments. We are one.
This year several of our most active parents serve on the board, including the board chair. This removes them from leading Sunday School groups. Can you step up and replace them?
Check out the Volunteer Page and complete the form linked there. Jolinda Stephens will be happy to talk with you 267-4946, ext 28. You may want to look at the Sunday School Group page with links to the curriculum if you want to be a part of a Sunday School team. We particularly need adults in elementary and middle school groups. As we say: We help kids grapple with the tough stuff, the Big Questions. Come join us. We offer orientation, a Quick Start Guide, session plans, subs, and help whenever you ask. Your commitment is to no more than two Sundays per month.
- Have a passion for exploring the Big Questions: who or what is in charge, why are we here, good and evil, death? You'll want to explore with the 5th graders.
- Love to work for Justice? You'll want to help a whole new generation of justicemakers in middle school.
- Like our UU Sources (or want to learn them) and like exploring the Big Questions with a younger group? The 1st and 2nd graders at 11 am are your spot.
- Think the 7 Principles are important for our kids? 9:15 kindergarten 1st grade is your spot.
- Living together in covenanted community is the focus for the 3rd & 4th grade.
On the Volunteer Page you will also find several other opportunities. One that will fit your interests and skills.