You and Your Family Matter Here...
Welcome to Religious Education at First UU!
We are so glad you and your family are joining us. Our program is one that promotes growth and learning free of dogma and creed. We are working along side you, our parents, to create children who are transforming our world in real time. You and your family matter to us here.
Should you choose to visit us, please stop by the Religious Education Table just outside of our kitchen. If you walk up to our Greeter Table outside of the Worship Center, they will certainly help you find us. I encourage you to fill out a Visitor's Form, so we can know to expect you.
We invite you and your family to join us at the beginning of our worship service. Most Sundays, an Ingathering story is told and children leave the service to attend Religious Education classes. We offer classes for toddlers through 7th Grade at the 9:15am service and care for children nursery-age through high school youth during the 11:00am worship service. Some Sundays, we have all-ages worship services where we all stay in worship together.
If you are looking to learn more about First UU, we offer a brief “Getting to Know UU” session after each Sunday service in our Slowter Lounge.
As you look through our program offerings, please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about our church and about Religious Education. Thank you so much for taking the time to explore First UU. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Rev. Lane Campbell
Minister of Religious Education
|Our Educational Mission
• To teach our children to live with compassion, respect & mindfulness.
• To promote free and responsible thinking.
• To promote global awareness.
• To work for justice.
• To empower children, youth and their families to love themselves, others and the world around them.
• To inspire our children and youth to live out the principles of Unitarian Universalism.
The Seven UU Principles for Children
1. Each person is important.
2. Be kind in all you do.
3. We’re free to learn together,
4. And search for what is true.
5. All people need a voice.
6. Build a fair and peaceful world.
7. Take care of the web all existance - the earth that is our home.